This privacy notice tells you how ICO Lab collects and processes information that may identify you (personal data) when you use our site, sign in as a user, use services, or interact with us in other ways. We may show you other privacy notices when we collect or share your personal data and this privacy notice is in addition to those.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information that directly identifies you. This may include your name, address, email address, username and password.
- Information that indirectly identifies you. We automatically receive and record information from your device or web browser when you interact with our sites, for example your internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, time zone setting, location data, language preference, operating system, platform, and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media. We may also create a user ID that may similarly indirectly identify you. We may associate information that indirectly identifies you with your user account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you.
- Location data. We may collect geo-data, which tells us where you are, when we collect other information about you. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. We may link location data to other information we have collected about you.
- Marketing and communications data. This may include information about your subscriptions to newsletters and your marketing preferences.
- You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create a user account, subscribe to our newsletters, opt in to marketing, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
- We automatically collect personal data when you interact with our sites and apps. We collect information about your devices and browsing actions and interests by using cookies and similar technologies.
- Third parties who provide advertising and related services may give us your personal data, these including analytics providers and ad networks.
We may share your personal data within ICO Lab.
We share your personal data with third parties who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad networks, research, marketing and financial services.
We may share your personal data with third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent.
You share your personal data with third parties when you publish content including articles, comments and reviews on our sites.
If we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or if we buy or merge with another business we may share your personal data. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data as set out in this privacy notice.
We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
We take steps to safeguard your information by putting in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access it. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality and we require them to process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions.
We do not guarantee or warrant that security measures will prevent data breaches. We have procedures to deal with suspected data breaches. We will notify you and the relevant regulator of any data breach as legally required.